Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kade has arrived!







Kade Colby Christensen
5/31/2009
7lbs and 10 oz
19 inches long

Sunday night I started getting contractions about 12:00am.... I thought for sure that I was just crying wolf again so I just kept getting up walking around and going back to sleep. That didn't last to long they got closer and closer together and I finally decided that this had to be it!! I woke Colby up around 4am and told him that it was time... he was so tired that it didn't really register what I was saying. "Time for what?" He asked:) I was like, " uh...time to have a baby!" I guess he really didn't believe me either cause he rolled over and asked me if I was sure!!! Ha ha I was completely sure by then! He started to get excited when he found out that I was serious. I started to get everything together as fast as I could.. Of course Colby had to shower : ) and I was freaking out telling him to hurry. After he finally got out he was asking me what he should wear to meet his son?! By this time I was dying with contractions and could have cared less what he wore to the hospital, but it was cute that he thought about it :)
When we finally arrived to the hospital they didn't have a room ready and then they didn't have a monitor in the room, everything was taking so freakin long. After they checked me they said that I was only at a 3 so they were going to monitor me. I was like, " no freakin way?! all I could think about was getting that epidural! and they didn't even know if they were going to admit me yet! I started to get so sick and ended up barfing in someone elses cup of water that was left in the room! ha ha it was so disgusting. After about a half an hr I told Colby to get the nurse so that she could check me and actually admit me into the hospital... I was in so much pain that I just knew that things had to be moving pretty fast. The nurse checked me and sure enough I had dilated to a 5 1/2. After that I was begging for the epidural and she told me that it was going to be another 1/2hr or so before I could have it. She said that the only Dr that could do it was in the room with someone else... Then some lady started screaming bloody murder and the nurse turned to me and said, "That lady is getting her epidural right now." me and Colby looked at each other and I could have died! If anyone knows how scared I am of needles they know that this is the last thing that I needed to hear. But honestly the pain was so bad I could have cared less. To make this long story a little shorter, I finally got the epidural which wasn't that bad at all. After that I thought things were gonna be cake... I got up to an 8 1/2 or so and wasn't feeling a thing. They finally had me start pushing at about 10am and I continued to push until 1:35 in the afternoon when Kade finally decided to come and join our family. He was stuck for quite a while and I almost had to have a C section but it all worked out:)
Honestly everyone says how amazing it is but until you actually experience it you can't understand! giving birth was the hardest thing in the world, but when Kade finally came out it was amazing... you just felt his little sweet spirit come into the room and into the world. it was so emotional and so amazing. I just looked and Colby and we both lost it... All the pain and everything melted away! I would do it over in a second! I am so lucky to have my sweet little boy here. Happy and healthy, and I am so lucky to have Colby by my side! We made a great team and I couldn't have gotten through it without him. He is the best, and having Kade has only made me love him more and more! I am one lucky girl!

11 comments:

thrasherfamily said...

I am so happy for you guys! You're going to be the funnest mom. He looks like a little cutie! Now the days of no sleep begin :) Congrats!

west's said...

What?? YOu had your baby already. That seemed like the fastest 9 months ever (maybe not for you) I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad he got here okay & that he's healthy. You never said how much he weighed. I love the name Kade. So cute! Congrats. Oh - I love that Colby was taking his time & seeing what to wear - they have no idea the pain you go through. Gotta love it.

Anonymous said...

He is the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen! You guys are going to be amazing parents I can all ready tell

Amie said...

Amanda congrats! He is adorable. It makes me so excited to have my baby in 2 months. Hope everything else is going well.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

How did I not know you had your baby?? Holy cow. That is sooo awesome and just plain unbelieveable. Seriously....crazy that you have a little baby. Cute name and cute baby! CONGRATS!

Hayley England Kling said...

Little Kade is adorable. I love all of his hair! I will come see you soon. Love you cute parents :)

judd and ash said...

I told you you'd get through it...I am so proud of you and we are so excited for Cooper to have a little buddy:) We love you guys...Congrats!

Spackman's said...

OH my he is so handsome! I can't wait to hold him!! You guys are the cutest little mom and dad

Jen said...

I'm so glad he's here and I like that you Named him Kade Colby after his daddy (we did that to !!!) that's crazy that Colby had to shower !!! well I'm glad everything worked out and it is the best feeling in the world to bring a child to this world!!!! congrats he's so cute !!!

Meghan said...

Congratulation Pumpkin Pie! I am seriously so happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet Kade! I'm sorry I still haven't brought you your shower gift or come by to see you ha I'm feeling better now so i'll call you and stop by sometime this week. I saw your mom at the bank the other day and she said Kade is the cutest thing ever! I hope you guys are doing well. I loved your pictures and your blog. I'm so proud of you! Love you lots.

Brooke said...

Oh Congrats! I love your birth storie. I swear husbands make it so funny. can't wair to see more pictures of the little guy!

Followers