Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Houston Here He CoMeS!


Derek AKA Elder Danklef left on his mission to Houston TX on Sept 2nd!! I can't believe that this day came and went:( I am so sad that Derek is gone. I think that I took it a lot harder than I thought that I would. But I am so proud of him for actually wanting to go. Derek has always been a little bit of a mommas boy and we have loved him for it:) But when he first started to talk about going on a mission I will be honest I questioned if he would last! I feel terrible saying that now! Derek has already grown up so much preparing to go that I could hardly recognize him before he left. He was to ready to go and so excited. When he got set apart he bore his testimony and I was blown away! At that moment I knew that Derek was not only going to stick out his mission but he was going to touch so many hearts! The bishop said it best when he said that Derek just has a humble confidence about him that draws people in! I love Derek so much and am so proud of him! He has always been a good kid and always did the right thing. He never got caught up in the High School stuff and it just seemed easy for him to Choose the Right! I really admire Derek for that and I can't wait to hear from him and see him in 2yrs! Love you Derek

1 comment:

Jobi Niu said...

I'm bawling reading this! What a sweet heart. I've always had a special place in my heart for Derek. He'll be an incredible missionary and your family will see the blessings from his sacrifice. Keep me updated! Jayni and I made a blog for J.J. while he was on his mission and would put up his e-mails every week and the pics he sent home.. You and Ash should do something like it.. My cousins and J.J.'s friends loved it!

Followers