Friday, December 18, 2009

Kade's 6 month Check up


Kade went to his 6 month check up on the 18th of Dec. I cannot believe that it has been 6 whole months since we have had Kade as part of our family!! I know that that everyone says that but really I wish that time would slow down... my little baby boy is getting way to big! Here were his stats

Weight: 23.1LB = 98th percentile
Length: 28.75 inches long =96th percentile
Head : 17.5 inches circumference = 61st percentile

At his Dr apt he had to get 5 Shots in his fat thighs:( It was so so sad of course but he only cried for a minute and only after the 3rd shot when it finally hit him! But we decided to give him the H1N1 shot as well even though my sister warned me that I would prob make him sick... the Dr talked me into it because he is babysat and exposed to his cousins so much. But that night Kade got the worst fever ever... he was so stinkin sick and I felt so bad for giving him the shot:( He woke up screaming bloody murder and when I picked him up he was as hot as an oven! We stipped him down to his diaper and patted him with a cold washcloth ( wich he hated even more), he cooled down enough for us to take his temp and it was 103.9! I was dying... We gave him some tylenol and he managed to get comfy enough to sleep. But he kept the fever for about another day! It was terrible... I felt like the worst mom alive but I guess it was a gamle either way. If he would have gotten the flu I would have felt even worse..



He is just the most awesome gift in the whole wide world! I never knew that I would love being a mom as much as I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute little mommy! I cant believe how freakin big he is getting. My doctor talked me into the H1N1 too and Noah totally got sick, stupid shot. Glad he is all better!!

Hayley England Kling said...

He is so cute and I love his chubbs! I need to see you and him soon soon!

Followers