Monday, April 19, 2010

Poor Kade:(


All bandaged up from the stupid blood work!

Kade had a really high fever last week that would not go down no matter what we did. We took him to the dr and of course they take your money and do nothing but tell you to wait it out for a week to 1o days ( fun eh?) So after 7 days of a high fever I went and got blood work done... They think that Kade had a virus that just kicked his trash because his white blood cell count was way below what it should've been. They called me with the test results at 9:30 at night and wanted to see him because they were so worried. Of course I freaked out and have been on pins and needles since trying to figure out if it was in fact just a virus. My poor baby has had to have 2 antibiotic shots and his blood drawn 3 times. All of which I had to be a part of and actually hold him down. Watching my baby scream and cry and stare me in the eyes and wonder why I am allowing people to hurt him is the hardest thing in the world. It just breaks my heart to think about it. But even though I know it is for his own good, It still doesn't make me feel much better:( He is feeling better and actually playing and eating and all that good stuff, and it is nice to see! I missed my little monster running all over and making noise. All he did was sleep and want to be held. Although I didn't mind the cuddling:) Being a mom is the greatest, hardest, best thing that I have ever done and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Shout out to all the mommies out there that can relate!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so scary! Glad he is feeling better. I totally know how bad it sucks when you go to the Dr and they dont do anything.

Amie said...

So sad! I hope he feels better. There is nothing worse than a sick baby who can't tell you what is wrong. Sometimes I think because Doctor's see so many babies and sick people they act like it's no big deal. But it's a big deal to the mommies who want their babies to feel better. They need to have some sympathy. He sure is a cute little guy though.

Kellie said...

Oh I am not looking forward to the sick child experience. I am glad he is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Ok now I feel like a loser of a neighbor for not even knowing until it was way to late! Hope he is back to 100% really fast. If you ever need anything no matter the time of day even someone to just vent to Im just 27 steps and 2 curbs away. Love ya

jayni & ben said...

Soon enough I will be able to relate. You are a cute mommy. I am happy hims is doing better.

Followers